#PIACONGRESS18 ABSTRACTS OPEN!
The Planning Institute of Australia is delighted to hold the 2018 National Planning Congress in
Perth, 9 – 11 May 2018
The 2018 Congress aspires to address what is effectual planning practice on the global frontier – whether that's planning for the local community, a metropolitan area, a regional area, a mega-city or an emergent region.
Good planning doesn't simply mitigate and fix problems: it strives to reimagine and recreate our communities to be more inclusive, sustainable, resilient and productive.
PIA invites all local government planners and related affiliates to submit an abstract to speak on the following topics:
- Cities + Regions
- Movement + Infrastructure
- Smart Technology + Data
- Demographics + Communities
- Prosperity + Governance
- Landscape + Sustainability
- Culture + Place
We are looking for presentations that provide:
- Case studies of projects, policy and development in practice, including the lessons learned, both good and bad;
- New information, evidence and tools to support better planning;
- Innovative approaches that generate new ways of thinking and challenge to the status quo; and/or
- Perspectives and experiences from the end users and stakeholders of planning.
Submissions close Friday 29th September 2017
Registrations open November