2018 Floodplain Management Australia National Conference
29 May – 1 June 2018, Gold Coast, QLD
Submit an Abstract for the 2018 FMA National Conference at Gold Coast
The Floodplain Management Australia Conference has been held annually for over 50 years and is the most respected flood risk management event held in Australia.
The Conference theme is: "Waterways of Success: Developing flood resilience in our communities", with focus on Australian and international achievements in flood risk management, with practical examples from the Gold Coast’s network of waterways, rivers, creeks, lakes, canals and coastlines.
The Steering Committee is looking for a range of high quality papers from across Australia in the following presentation streams:
- Flood resilience and risk management
- Assessing flood hazard and risk
- Land use planning
- Infrastructure projects
- Adaptation to climate change
- Flood policy, guidance and best practice
- Building community resilience and engagement
- Flood emergency preparedness and management
- Flood stories and case studies