Minimising Corruption, Fraud and Misconduct
There is an increasing spotlight on councils after several high profile incidents of corruption, fraud and misconduct. With councils overlooking a wide range of portfolios and responsibilities within the community, it can be difficult to find time, resources and processes to identify and minimise the impact of such behaviour.
Don't wait for the next incident to be at your council. The Minimising Corruption, Fraud & Misconduct conference to be held in Sydney in May will support your council to engage staff and leadership, develop prevention and detection strategies, and learn from councils who have experienced critical corruption incidents.
Topics to be explored
- Trends in corruption, fraud and misconduct in local government
- Changes to the Model Code of Conduct to improve misconduct management and governance
- Outcomes from a NSW survey into local government fraud control
- Strategies to gain leadership buy in and build an ethical workplace culture
- Lessons learned and recommendations from progressive councils
Who will attend?
Directors, Managers, Coordinator and Public Officers with responsibilities for:
- Fraud, Misconduct & Corruption
- Internal Audit
Register now to secure early bird rates!