The National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) has advised that there will be changes to freight, servicing and deliveries during the Commonwealth Games that operators will need to plan for, including:
- permits and access
- temporary road closures and diversions
- loading zone changes
- restrictions on the movement of dangerous goods
- restrictions on the movement of oversize – overmass vehicles
- variations to regulated freight routes
- mandatory legal requirements e.g. speed limit reductions
- designation of Games Lanes on some roads of the core Games Route Network.
If you have any questions, please contact NHVR on 1300 MYNHVR or email email@example.com.