The Federal Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment is offering grants for projects targeting established pest animals and weeds.
Funding of $13 million is being made available under the Advancing Pest Animal and Weed Control Solutions Competitive Grant Round.
Grants will range in amounts from $300,000 up to a maximum of $2 million.
Successful projects will deliver targeted, innovative research into new and improved control technologies for established pest animals and weeds, and could include:
- developing biological controls;
- solutions for herbicide resistance;
- genetic modification technologies;
- chemical and non-chemical herbicides; and
- digital, web-based and disruption technologies and electronic resources.
The grant round forms part of the Commonwealth’s $30.3 million investment into managing established pest animals and weeds under the four year Established Pest Animal and Weed Management Pipeline.
Applications close on 25 September.