Registrations have opened for the 2018 National Local Roads and Transport Congress, which will be held on 20-22 November in Alice Springs.
The theme of this year’s congress is ‘Connecting Transport Networks Now and into the Future’, recognising the importance of improved transport connectivity to the economic well-being of Australia.
Sessions at the congress will acknowledge and discuss the critical role of local roads and bridges in connecting individuals, communities and businesses and often providing connectivity between major freight routes. Sessions will include:
- Implementing the National Freight and Supply Chain Strategy
- Land Transport Market Reform
- Technology is changing how we travel
- Realising regional and industry benefits from Inland Rail
- the Challenge of delivering Integrated Transport and Land-Use Planning
- Sustaining our Regional Airports, and
- Stepping up Safety on our Local Roads.
More information and registration can be accessed at this link.