Following the success of Local Government Twitter Day, state and territory local government associations and ALGA decided to expand it to National Local Government Social Media Week 2018.
The aim of the National Local Government Social Media Week is to showcase the diverse range of council services with your social media communities and increase awareness of what local government does.
In 2017, Local Government Twitter Day saw over 483 users tweet 2,120 times, reaching an estimated 1,094,755 people.
What you need to know:
What: National Local Government Social Media Week 2018
When: Monday 24th to Friday 28th September 2018.
Where: Join the conversation across all your social media channels! (Just be sure to include the hashtag #PartOfYourEveryday)
How can you get involved?
There is so much more to local government than meets the eye, and National Local Government Social Media Week is your chance to showcase the great work that councils do nationwide.
We’re asking you to get creative!
- Schedule at least 4 posts throughout the week to showcase the activities of council across your social media channels.
- Encourage subsidiary accounts (such as for the Library or Tourism accounts) to post about council activities or share the main account posts.
- Encourage Council Elected Members with social media accounts to post about council activities or to share the main account posts.
- Encourage community members to post on their perspective about the activities or to share the main account posts.
- Consider sharing posts from other councils or local government associations on the topics.
Download the branded content
To make things easy a range of platform-specific social media content has been created for you to utilise. Feel free to download and share with your online community.
If you need any assistance or have any questions, please contact your state/territory local government association.