2015 NATIONAL GENERAL ASSEMBLY DRAWS TO A CLOSE
The Board and Secretariat of the Australian Local Government Association (ALGA) thank all delegates and their partners for being in Canberra from 14-17 June 2015 for the 21st National General Assembly of Local Government (NGA). It was a strong program that reflected the diverse role of local government in our communities and how important that role is strengthened, supported and highlighted during the current White Paper processes on Reform of the Federation and taxation.
The outcomes of debate on motions will provide strong support for the Board as they progress national policy on a wide range of issues, as well as respond to changes in Federal Government priorities.
- The Hon Bill Shorten MP
- The Hon Greg Hunt MP
- Dr Dave Rissik, NCCARF
- John Comrie, Deloitte Access Economics
- Senator Dr Richard Di Natale
The full Resolutions of the 2015 National General Assembly of Local Government are available here.
Correspondence received regarding NGA Resolutions:
- Senator the Hon Michaelia Cash, Minister for Employment, Women and Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for the Public Service (Resolution 58)
- The Hon Malcolm Turnbull MP, Prime Minister (Resolution 16)
- The Hon Peter Dutton MP, Minister for Immigration and Border Protection (Resolution 46)
- The Hon Andrew Robb MP, Minister for Trade and Investment (Resolution 46)
- The Hon Paul Fletcher MP, Minister for Major Projects, Territories and Local Government (Resolution 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 45, 47, 49 and 69)
- The Hon Michael Keenan MP, Minister for Justice, Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for Counter-Terrorism (Resolution 20, 21, 22, 24, 25 and 27)
- The Hon Scott Morrison MP, Treasurer (Resolution 30, 50 and 75)